When I first visited Barrel Oak Winery in Delaplane, Virginia it looked like this…
…now they are about to celebrate their 2 year anniversary this Memorial Day weekend. Being a bit of a distance away I don’t get up to see the winery as often as possible but when I do, I always have a great time. Sharon and Rick (the winemakers) invite me up from time to time to taste what they have going on the cellar. It’s always fun, because they love hearing the good and the bad about their creations. This weekend as you would imagine they are having a HUGE celebration, and I’m sorry to say I won’t be able to make it. If you are in the area, stop by for the fun, it is sure to be a great time. Check out the list of activities for the weekend below…
1. Releasing their most popular wines this weekend: BOWHaus White and BOWHaus Red as well as the highly anticipated Rose.
2. Opening the new art show by Ben Roeder: “Traces of Memory, an Abstract Introspective”.
3. Featuring great live music Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights!
4. They are giving a Golden Ticket to every purchaser of a case of Barrel Oak wine. These Golden Tickets contain the gift of a free tasting for two, a combo platter, a bottle of wine, or a membership in the BOWClub. These gifts range in value from $18 to $175.
5. Raffling off TWO Aged Barrels with memberships in our Barrel Club. Each membership has a value of over $1300. Everyone tasting wines over the weekend will receive a raffle ticket.
Additionally, on Saturday and Sunday they will have awesome food service from Local 647, serving the best locally sourced farm-fresh organic foods and runners up winners of ABC Weekend’s 2009 Best Food Cart in America Competition.
There will be great music Friday from 6-9 with Demetrios and Curtis and dancing to the sunsets on Saturday 6-9pm to local favorites eNVee and Sunday 6-9pm to the Fabulous Exaggerations! And Sunday they will have old-timey music during the day with Poor Ellen Smith.