The next couple of weeks we have some big tastings going on around the Richmond area in addition to the regular Friday and Saturday tastings at the local wine shops.
Thursday May 15th at the Barrel Thief
Barrel Thief is proud to host Alberto Di Gresy, owner and winemaker of Tenute Cisa Asinari Dei Marchesi Di Gresy (www.marchesidigresy.com). From 5pm-7pm, try a broad selection of his wines for only $10. The wines available to taste and their retail prices are:
2006 Langhe Chardonnay $25
2001 Langhe Gresy Chardonnay $34
2007 Moscato dAsti La Serra $20
2006 Dolcetto dAlba Monte Aribaldo $25
2005 Barberra dAsti $24
2006 Langhe Nebbiolo $29
2004 Barbaresco Martinenga $65
I am really excited about this tasting as regular Anything Wine readers know I am HUGE fan of the Piemonte region of Northern Italy.
Sunday May 18th at the Wine Cellar
The Wine Cellar will hold a special big red wine tasting from 6:00 to 8:00 after the store closes. The is $30/person and includes cheese, salami, crackers and other apps. Up for tasting will be 18 big reds ranging in price from $25 to $50 from the West Coast. Some new wineries will be represented, as well as some the hottest big reds currently on the market.
1. CARAVAN CABERNET NAPA VALLEY $36.45
2. SILVERADO CABERNET NAPA VALLEY $47.45
3. RODNEY STRONG RESERVE CABERNET $40.45
4. ROBERT MONDAVI OAKVILLE CABERNET $48.45
5. STONESTREET FIFTH RIDGE ALEXANDER VALLEY $36.95
6. ELYSE KORTE RANCH ZINFANDEL NAPA VALLEY $32.45
7. TOBIN JAMES JAMES GANG RESERVE CABERNET $29.95
8. HONIG CABERNET NAPA VALLEY $37.95
9. SEVEN HILLS CABERNET COLUMBIA VALLEY $28.95
10. DUCKHORN DECOY NAPA VALLEY $31.95
11. AUGUST BRIGGS ZINFANDEL NAPA VALLEY $36.95
12. BROWN ZINFANDEL NAPA VALLEY $40.45
13. RAYMEY CABERNET NAPA VALLEY $56.45
14. STUHLMULLER CABERNET ALEXANDER VALLEY $38.45
15. L’ECOLE CABERNET COLUMBIA VALLEY $30.95
16. NEYERS PATO VINEYARD ZINFANDEL CONTRA COSTA $33.95
17. d’ARENBERG LAUGHING MAGPIE SHIRAZ $33.45
18. HEARTLAND DIRECTOR’S CUT SHIRAZ $33.45
I love BIG reds so I can’t wait for this event!!
Thursday May 29th at Bella Vino (Stony Point Location)
From Bella Vino’s website:
Great Unknowns of California: May Elite Tasting
Forty years ago California had no reputation for producing world-class wines, but today it produces some of the greatest wines in the world. Unfortunately, many of these wines have prices that boggle the imagination and are only available to a select few. We believe that the best way to get wines from California that are phenomenal AND affordable is to seek out relatively unknown producers. Their wines are more a labor of love than of profit. We’ll offer some of these wines for tasting on May 29th so that you can buy superstar wines without paying superstar prices!Tickets: $15 for one; $25 for a pair($5 discount with Bella Vino Amanti tag)(Further $5 discount if you attended the previous tasting)PLEASE RSVPThere will be limited spaces available!Pre-payment will be requiredFor reservations, call:Bella Vino Stony Point Bella-(804) 272-3202
I hope to see you all at these events as they all sound fantastic.